Get a free giffgaff Sim

Friday 6 January 2012

Spanish Pheasant

Yesterday when I looked in my cupboards for something to prepare for tea - they were fairly bare!

With no access to shops and working until 8pm I needed to come up with something for tea for 4!

Fortunately I had some Pheasant breasts in the fridge, but what to do with them? Store cupboard was nearly empty, fridge much the same way.

So with what I could lay my hands on I made what I called Spanish Pheasant!

Gently fried 2 chopped onions, 3 cloves of garlic, celery & carrots in Olive Oil.

Added halved Cherry Tomatoes and a good squeeze of Tomato Puree.

In went the Pheasant Breast cubed.

A couple of teaspoons of Hot Smoked Paprika and some Chicken stock.

Simmered gently for a couple of hours.

Towards the end of cooking added some butter beans.

Was delicious served with homemade Ciabatta.

Perhaps next time will add some Chorizo or peppers. You could also serve it with rice or potatoes and veg.

A nice glass of white wine and I was very pleased with my something out of nothing tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment